The dental benefit is available to those in the following locals who are scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Hennepin County: Locals 34, 1719, 2822
- HCMC: Local 977 and certain job titles in 2474
- City of Shorewood: Local 224
If you are not in one of the above listed locals, please call the Council 5 office and speak with your field representative to discuss options for your local to become eligible for this benefit.
A) Spouse, meaning:
2. Legally separated;
B) Dependent children to the age of 26, including:
1. Natural-born and legally adopted children (including children placed with you for legal adoption). NOTE: A child's placement for adoption terminates upon the termination of the legal obligation of total or partial support.
2. Stepchildren who reside with you.
3. Grandchildren who are financially dependent on you and reside with you.
4. Children who are required to be covered by reason of a Qualified Medical Child Support Order. You can obtain, without charge, a copy of procedures governing Qualified Medical Child Support Orders ("QMCSOs") from the Plan Administrator.
5. Children who become handicapped prior to reaching the Plan's limiting age if:
- they are primarily dependent upon you; and
- are incapable of self-sustaining employment because of physical handicap, mental retardation, mental illness or mental disorders.